Graboyes Commercial Window and Glass Solutions, in partnership with AIA Philadelphia, is offering the following continuing education webinar on April 23 from noon to 1 p.m.:
Building Envelope Coordination: Narrowing the collaboration gap via façade-related shop drawing overlays and clash detection analysis
Course description and objectives:
In the preconstruction sequence, review of shop drawings is standard practice. However, as it pertains to elements of the façade interface, these same drawings may not be reviewed for sequencing or coordination between the trades. How do we introduce improved collaboration into the process to avoid confusion and delay during construction? Is it possible to increase project efficiency, success, and safety using the documents general contractors already have?
Through increased access to project cloud storage, intertrade data can be utilized at a higher rate to perform additional independent collaborative document overlays of the interacting systems. Using the capabilities of BIM/Revit to spot discrepancies prior to material procurement, identifying opportunities to increase worker safety before construction begins, and creating a communication stream between varying trades as they relate to each other’s scope, we can increase project success for all stakeholders.
In this course, we will explore how BIM/Revit, project cloud storage, and using data already obtained by the GC can increase communication, coordination, project success, and safety.
Learning Objectives – After this course, you should be able to:
1. Recognize the current gap and disconnect in communication between trades, intellectual data, and coordination
2. Understand how we can bridge that gap within our own companies
3. Describe how to crosscheck data between trades with interacting systems, and identify discrepancies or errors between data
4. Address and solve issues earlier on in the project sequence, increasing project efficiency, success, and safety
5. Describe how this process improves the indoor environment by helping to ensure the air, water, and thermal boundaries are
properly executed from the onset of construction
Credits and registration:
This webinar provides 1 CES/LUs. Registration is free and can be done by clicking on the headline / link: