Join our phenomenal team (working remotely is fine) guided by our values of excellence, integrity, respect for others, and positivity. We are Philadelphia-based Graboyes Commercial Window and Glass Solutions, a premier commercial glazing and fenestration firm and a trusted leader in architectural custom glass and metal construction, along with our sister companies Graboyes Smart Buildings and Graboyes Efficiency Tenant.
Requirements for our Project / Staff Accountant include experience working in the commercial construction and cost accounting fields and with lien waivers, contracts, accounts payable, accounts receivable and billing. This position includes but is not limited to coordinating with field operations, maintaining field execution plan, monitoring committed costs, and maintaining timely and accurate cost information in SAGE 300/Timberline in compliance with company policies. Additionally it is important that the individual is aligned with our company values including those stated at www.graboyes.com/values/.
- Establish, organize, and maintain current project files per department filing system for all projects you are assigned.
- Review and verify the commitments, purchase orders, subcontractor change orders and general conditions costs in SAGE300/Timberline.
- Verify the accuracy of the previously billed and paid figures on the Subcontractor’s Application for Payment.
- Submit invoices to Project Manager on the project specific date for approval.
- Follow up with Project Manager to ensure information is returned in a timely manner.
- Scan vendor & supplier invoices and enter into SAGE 300/Timberline for review and approval.
- Each Owner invoice is prepared in accordance with Owner contract requirements.
- Obtain approval for subcontractor and supplier payment once customer receipt is made.
- Ensure timely payment to subcontractors and vendors after approval is received and all paperwork has been submitted.
- Obtain and maintain insurance certificates from subcontractors prior to payment when expired.
- Generate to and collect from all subcontractors the release of lien prior to payment.
- Perform departmental responsibilities such as bank reconciliations, processing of company invoices for project cost such as Home Depot, UPS, Verizon, etc.
- Maintain any project specific programs as required (i.e. Sub-guard, Insurance, Wrap-ups, Certified payrolls, etc.)
- Oversight and monitoring of open purchase orders
- Review and analysis of purchase orders to ensure completeness and appropriate classification.
- Liaison with field operations to track and detail expected field executions including labor and material needs.
- Verify all figures on the WIP and ensure completeness in project accounting on a monthly basis.
- Full working knowledge of budget, contingency, and profitability of projects
- Processing company wide accounts payable from receipt of bill through to payment ensuring proper documentation and appropriate approvals are received.
- Communicate on regular basis with customers on outstanding balances owed.
- Coordinate efforts to resolve any issues delaying payment of customer invoices.
- Assist with monthly projections leveraging information ascertained from field operations.
- Assist with monthly close.
- Understand weekly payroll process and serve as a backup for this task.
- Understand billing process and act as a backup.
- Follow all corporate policies and report any inconsistencies.
- Additional responsibilities may be added by the department or project as necessary.
- Able to adapt to a flexible, fast-paced, and dynamic work environment consistent with Graboyes’ core values and mission statement.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Expert computer skills, specifically in SAGE 300/Timberline and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc).
Education and work experience:
- BS degree in Accounting or related business degree preferred
- Minimum of a two-year professional or technical degree is required with a minimum of two or more years of cost accounting or construction accounting experience
Employee benefits include:
- Group health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401 (k) retirement plan with employer match
- Career development opportunities
- Paid holidays, vacations, and personal time off
- Employee assistance plan
- Ability to work remotely
How to contact us:
If you have an interest in this role and in getting to know more about us, send an email with your resume to [email protected].