At Philadelphia-based Graboyes Commercial Window and Glass Solutions, a top commercial glazing and fenestration firm for more than 35 years, the Estimator works with our general contracting, building owner, and property management customers to develop proposals and costs for design, installation, and maintenance of 1) punched windows, 2) curtain wall systems, 3) storefront systems, 4) interior glazed partition systems, and 5) window treatments including automated control systems associated with the window treatment. S/he organizes and supports the daily estimating processes by working with manufacturers, distributors, subcontractors, and others to develop costs, scopes of work, and proposals for projects.
The primary responsibility is to support the company’s goals for backlog and profitability and it is important that s/he must be aligned with our company values (see www.graboyes.com/our-team), thorough, able to plan and participate in multiple activities, and responsible for critical deadlines.
- Connect with prospective customers (building owners, GC’s, architects, engineers, etc.) as opportunities become available
- Liaison with prospective customers throughout the bid/proposal development process
- Liaison with manufacturers during “design” and “selection” stage to identify the best product for bid/proposal
- Create a scope of work when specifications are not provided or confirm scope of work based upon specifications and drawings provided
- Determine best system (punched windows, curtain wall, storefront, interior glazing, window treatments, etc.) for proposals
- Create estimating set-up sheet (MS Excel)
- Estimate labor costs
- Develop cost estimate for subcontractors, installation materials, tools, general conditions, etc.
- Work with President and Chief Estimator to develop final price for proposals
- Draft proposal from template (MS Word), reviewed by President, Chief Estimator, and Ops Manager
- Deliver proposal to prospective customers via email or in person
- Work with President, Chief Estimator, and Operations Manager to negotiate and win projects
- Work with manufacturers to achieve product performance requirements
- Upon project award, work with Operations Manager, Project Managers and Procurement Specialist to negotiate best deal/terms with suppliers, subcontractors, etc.
- Hand-off project components to Operations Manager, CAD Designer, Project Managers, and Procurement Specialist
- Issue final job-cost estimating set-up sheet, as reviewed with Operations Manager and Project Managers and approved by President.
- Product related change order management with Operations Manager, Project Managers, and Procurement Specialist
- Follow-up with prospective customers on open proposals and budgets
- Meet with existing and prospective supplier representatives as needed to stay current with project opportunities, changes in product offerings, etc.
- Attend weekly job meeting
Minimum requirements for estimating position:
- 3-5 years working in an estimating environment
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of building codes
- Familiarity with construction methods
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
Employee benefits include:
- Group health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401 (k) retirement plan with employer match
- Career development opportunities
- Paid holidays, vacations, and personal time off
- Flexible workday scheduling
- Employee assistance plan
- Early closing (3 p.m.) on Fridays
How to contact us:
If you have an interest in this role and in getting to know more about us, send an email with your resume to [email protected]. (Also see www.graboyes.com/our-team and www.graboyes.com/an-exceptional-team).